Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 53.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re: Das Bild des Tages

skippy - - Bilder von Ameisen

Harpactira pulchripes 7361.jpg

Formica rufibarbis pretty red gyne rufibarbis_mini.jpg

Prenolepis nitens colony prenolepis_mini.jpg

Formica gagates junge kolonie gagates.JPG

Prenolepis nitens queen @ brood img_2372.jpg

• Re: Das Video der Woche

skippy - - Ameisen - Videos

Liometopum microcephalum youtube.com/watch?v=SNJsrfkGdQw

Prenolepis nitens queen If is anyone interested in keeping this species , write me PM. prenolepis_nitens2.jpg

Hello, I would like to show you a little gift I received this xmas. It is a book Natur in Pfaffstätten 2012 , with this cover mravce.info/scan3.jpg ... and there is my photo of Prenolepis nitens (little but there is!) mravce.info/scan1.jpg ... but what is important to you , it has been found on this forum by this book redaction. Mentioned in credits , of course mravce.info/scan2.jpg Pozdravujem zo Slovenska , Šťastné prežitie sviatkov a úspešný rok 2013 prajem. Adrian

30. july 16:42 ... found Pyramica argiola male = new species for Slovakia pyramica_argiola_male.jpg

• Our colony in Praque has already about 10 workers and queen has second generation of brood. Will be better update soon. At the moment I work on article about Prenolepis nitens and I will do some science at autumn in this locale. I hope in some science article about these ants in winter. @Cephalotes ... your sign ... Temnothorax - no Themnothorax

Strongylognathus testaceus with Tetramorium caespitum queen. youtube.com/watch?v=x2aRa9VwVKk

3:10 youtube.com/watch?v=3-BNmxO11oM

Generations polistes_brood.jpg

• Re: Wespenhaltung?

skippy - - Kaffeetisch

Again a video from Polistes terrarium. In this <20 minute video you can see how quickly they can eat. It takes about 7-8 minutes to eat 1 big cricket. They actually like to eat 15-16 of them , every day. youtube.com/watch?v=OXbPNFDO3MU In this longer video you can see more highlights: 2:45 - worker makes nest 7:40 - workers in terrarium are seeking for new food 7:50 - getting second cricket 8:30 - cricket ready 8:50 - worker search for new cricket 10:15 - eating leg detail (nest detail) 13:40 - …

file.php

skippy - - Kaffeetisch

Polistes LIVE at the moment just by file , on website soon. Download polistes.sk/stream_web.asx (or) polistes.sk/stream_web.rar to your computer and try to turn it on some media player (like Windows media player etc.) .... BEST WAY is to turn it on VLC media player (there it works for almost everyone). Other players may not work. There is not LED lighthing yet , so lighteness depends on sun. Now is bad weather so they are not so active, but webcam will be available probably to the end of session…

• Here is meteogram of actual weather from last year , when ants has swarmed at Fr 12´ (start of every graph) forum.mravce.info/download/file.php?id=502 + ALADIN model t+72h (+ more days but it is not so important) for C.vagus in Bratislava

• I like it too. Here is so hot and dry (30-31°C) that C.vagus do not swarm. Camponotus vagus of course usually swarm when temperature grow up at 19,5°C here at ca 12:45-13:45 , no wind , sunny. When was temperature OK , it was very windy so they have not swarmed. Now is no wind , but very hot and dry, so they do not swarm too. We here need to wait for some rain and colder weather and they will swarm in next round. ... and of course , today Manica rubida has swarmed here. They usually swarm in Jun…

Polistes dominula dominance battle , one queen with red dot vs 2 queens with blue dot Red queen has already died , she wanted them both out , but she was weak against both... (these two blue will probably fight for domination too..) It is longer , but enjoy youtube.com/watch?v=7oGzqzUcdI8

skippy - - Kaffeetisch

Polistes LIVE - coming soon (working on server right now!) At the moment 3 queens 6 workers in this one , 12 crickets/day youtube.com/watch?v=ntdhHYgNo9Q