*Cataglyphis cf. desertorum

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Re: *Cataglyphis cf. desertorum

Well i haven't seen the eggs since i photographed them or any signs of larvae, but the ants are taking more food back to the nest. There hasn't really been an increase in activity out side of the nest either, but i am hoping that there are larvae in the spaces between the old and new nest. The ants were trying to fill the gap with wet sand so i helped them out and sealed the gap with plaster. Its so annoying not being able to see...

Just a quick update here. I have noticed a few egg clusters and there are a few larvae scattered about, probably about 5 - 8 of various sizes Again i can't tell if there are any between the two nest joints but there has been a dramatic increase in the protein taken back to the nest. I havent seen any empty cocoons in the rubbish heap or any bright orange young workers in the nest yet. Things are much slower than last year.

Plenty of larvae and cocoons now scattered around the nest. I have recently moved the ants into a smaller enclosed glass arena, the humidity is much higher now so i'm wondering if this has been the cause of the increase in activity.

[IMG:http://hawgs.co.uk/antblog/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/P1020078.jpg]

edit Antfriend: Translation/Übersetzung:
      Momentan sind zahlreiche Larven und Puppen im ganzen Nest verteilt. Kürzlich habe ich die Tiere in ein kleineres, geschlossenes Glasbecken umgesiedelt. Dadurch ist die Luftfeuchtigkeit jetzt wesentlich höher und ich frage mich, ob das den Anstieg in der Aktivität verursacht hat.